At Hughes Arrell Kinchen LLP, our real estate practice group, while focused on Texas transactions, handles projects nationwide. We advise businesses and individuals regarding buying, selling and financing office, industrial, retail and multifamily real estate assets; and also assist both landlords and tenants with leasing office, industrial and retail real estate projects.
Real Estate Acquisitions & Sales
- Advice and counseling to businesses and individuals regarding all aspects and all stages involved in acquiring and selling office, industrial, retail and multifamily real estate assets.
- Advice and counseling to landlords and tenants regarding all aspects of leasing office, industrial and retail real estate projects.
Choice of Entity/Entity Formation
- Advice with respect to the most appropriate choice of entity from a tax and business perspective.
- Formation of corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and other similar business venture arrangements.
SELECTED CLIENT ENGAGEMENTS
- Represented institutional joint venture in land acquisition and subsequent development of 264-unit student housing project located in College Station, Texas.
- Represented private partnership in acquisition of 22 Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar restaurants (including ground leasehold and fee simple interests in underlying real estate) located throughout central and east Texas.
- Represented institutional joint ventures in acquisition of 500-unit multifamily portfolio located in Marietta, Georgia.
- Represented private investors in sale of 160-unit multifamily project located in Covington, Kentucky. Simultaneous defeasance of underlying mortgage loan.
- Represented private partnership in note purchase and simultaneous acquisition of student housing project located in Clemson, South Carolina.
- Counsel to worldwide human resources service provider in connection with office leasing needs.
- Counsel to nationwide fashion accessory boutique in connection with retail leasing needs.
- Represented oilfield services company in leasing of 253,838 square-foot manufacturing and repair facility located in Houston, Texas.