At Hughes Arrell Kinchen LLP, we have expertise in all major corporate practices areas, with specific emphasis on the areas described below. We act as lead counsel in most transactions but often work with other firms and handle specific areas for transactions requiring multiple attorneys and law firms. Our attorneys are comfortable with complicated accounting and finance concepts as well as technical concepts associated with certain industries. Most importantly, our corporate attorneys recognize that, while they play a vital role in advancing a client’s business or completing a particular transaction, responsiveness and clarity of advice are critical to allowing our clients to accomplish their goals. We believe this is our differentiating factor.
Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Advice and counseling to businesses and individuals regarding all aspects and all stages involved in buying and selling businesses or assets from initial contact stage through due diligence and negotiations to final documentation and closing.
- Advice and counseling to businesses and individuals with respect to post-transaction integration and enforcement and interpretation of post-transaction provisions such as noncompetition obligations and earn-out provisions.
- Advice and counseling to businesses and individuals with respect to ’33 Act and ’34 Act legal issues such as SEC registration, private offering compliance and regular reporting and compliance issues.
- Real Estate Finance
- Venture Capital
- Private Placements
- Early Stage
- Bridge Financing
- Debt Offerings
- Joint Venture Structuring
Choice of Entity/Entity Formation
- Advice with respect to the most appropriate choice of entity from a tax and business perspective.
- Formation of corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and other similar business venture arrangements.
- Employment Agreements
- Separation & Release Agreements
- Severance Agreements
- General legal services involving day to day issues facing most businesses that are typically handled by an in-house attorney but which, because of the volume of work or lack of in-house capabilities, require assistance of outside counsel.
- Negotiation & Preparation Of Licensing Agreements
Joint Venture & Partnership Negotiations
- Negotiation and preparation of partnership agreements or operating agreements at all stages ranging from initial startup, receipt of new capital or addition of new partners.
- Negotiation and preparation of joint venture agreements involve a variety of parties with different contributions (eg – investor partners, strategic partners, etc).